Synaero® Hemostatic Gel
The goal of most sinus surgery is to restore function by opening up the nasal passages. Ironically, the most commonly used methods of controlling bleeding block the nasal passages after surgery, leaving patients less comfortable than before. Synaero™ is a surface-acting alternative to nasal packing and space-occupying gels. It’s proprietary formulation of oxidized cellulose, developed in conjunction with HemCon Medical Technologies, Inc., controls mild to moderate bleeding without expanding. After achieving hemostasis, excess gel is suctioned from the nasal cavity, leaving only a thin coating on the mucosal surfaces that prevents the formation of adhesions and crusting. After one week, the remaining gel is simply rinsed away with saline, as opposed to painful packing removal or debridement.
- Maintains open airway after surgery
- Minimizes edema and prevents adhesion formation
- Surface-acting bleeding control coats mucosal surfaces
- Dissolves with saline rinsing in one week
- Improves patient comfort by eliminating the need for packing
- Keeps mucosal surfaces moist, eliminating the need for debridement
|ENTrigue Part Numbers|
|611-00110||Synaero Hemostatic Gel, 4-Pack|
Looking for More Information? Contact Us.
The Synaero is available through our global network of distributors. To locate one near you, get product details, or arrange a product evaluation; give us a call or use the form to the right.